Friday, September 24, 2010

comings and goings














This is a mural overlooking a parking lot next to the First United Church on East Hastings and Gore Street. The inscription at the top left corner reads:

It takes knowledge to understand others, but it takes a clear mind to know oneself.
It takes strength to surpass others, but it requires a strong will to surpass oneself. - Lao Tsu

It reminded me of someone in Montreal.

I recently made a new friend who works at a shelter in the Downtown Eastside. As with many of my friends, Jason is one of those people who tends to help others to the point where he forgets his own needs.

After an underwhelming lunch at Britannia Sushi on Commercial Drive, Jason drove me down to Stanley Park. I think it's already been two years since I was last there. We hung out at Prospect Point for a little bit, chatting.









































There were so many people and things, coming and going. It made me wonder which way I would be going this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment